Tuesday, November 24

Happy Thanksgiving!

We are off to visit family for the holiday and I just wanted to say that I am grateful for:

My husband! I love you Babe!
My cute kids! I love you too!
Membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
A testimony of my Savior, Jesus Christ and his Atonement for all mankind
A warm place to sleep, and good food to eat
Health
Freedom
Choice
Love and Chocolate!

The other day the kids and I went up to Palmyra to visit the Sacred Grove and Joseph Smith's home. I wanted to make it a memorable experience, however just as we were getting the camera out, I remembered that the flash drives were still at home in the computer....and the girls were rather wound up after a few hours in the car. However, as we walked, I asked Ereland what she knew about church. And she told me, "Jesus loves me and wants me to be happy!"
How peaceful are the simple truths of the gospel. I am so happy that she knows this at such a young age.

Anastasia also surprised me just a few days after we got home from our trip north. We were at story time and "Miss Sara" asked all the kids what they were thankful for. The responses were generic, family, friends, food....(the f trifecta!) But my little miss Anastasia said she was grateful for Jesus. I later told her how proud of her I was and that when she tells other people about Him, we are being missionaries, just like her Aunt Breanna.

I realize how blessed I am to have such wonderful kids. They keep me busy, but they fill my life with joy and happiness.

Stay safe and enjoy your holiday season.



No comments:

Post a Comment