Thursday, December 3

I love family!



It is true that time flies when you are having fun! David and I took our family down south to visit his youngest sister Laura and her husband Austin. It was a good excuse for a much needed break. Austin was able to spend some time away from rotations to celebrate his birthday with us, and throw back a ton of food for thanksgiving. I am especially grateful for Laura. She outdid herself on Thursday, and we ate like kings! Laura has been more than a sister-in-law to me, she has been a much needed true friend. I miss seeing her and her family as much as we did when we lived closer. Both Laura and Austin are great examples in finding what you want in life and going after it.
I hope we didn't out stay ourselves, but we surely had a great time! The kids and David were getting sick and so almost a week later, we thought it time to go. I shouldn't be surprised at this, but along the way we made a 3 hr. stop to put on new brakes. The rent a cop at K-Mart eventually came over to make sure we weren't up to any harm. My fixit man still amazes me that he has the confidence to just take something apart and find a way to make things work. He makes me feel safe and at peace knowing everything will be okay.
Going to Virginia was also great because we could get our kids together. It is hard being away, and my Anastasia felt that separation most of the way home as she cried and whined realizing that we weren't going back to Payton's house.

We realized this trip that there is beauty in simplicity. The Finklea's took us up to "The Hollar" to meet some of their friends. It was such a breath of fresh air! They were so welcoming, I think David and I are just about ready to move in!

Christmas will be quite lonely in comparison, but hopefully we can find solace in making and keeping holiday traditions. Thank you again to Laura for all the hard work you put forth to make our time with you so enjoyable! We love you!









No comments:

Post a Comment