There were several floors of these glass enclosed taxidermy animals. Most of them I had never heard of. It was fun to see the girls' reactions to life size alaskan moose, elephants, and bears! The lighting was ambient, so the pictures aren't fabulous especially because they were all taken with my phone but not to bad considering. I couldn't resist taking this picture of David with the girls! I love to see how they interact together, truly he has a special relationship with them that I adore! He was telling them about how he used to shoot these animals when he was a little kid in Wyoming. I didn't know they had African Bongos in Wyoming!!

The museum is known around the world for two specific things. Their 94' life size replica of a Blue Whale that hangs cantilevered from the ceiling, and their dinosaur exhibit. The girls will remember the dinosaurs even though they were getting pretty tired by that point in the day. The presentation was immaculate! Couldn't be any better.

They perked right up when we got to the "touch" room called the Discovery Room. They had clipboards with things to find in the room and trivia....the girls went straight to a set of three tables that contained memory match games.

Anastasia liked the bugs too! My big girl isn't as girly as her younger sister. Ereland was a little timid about the enlarged house fly.


But perhaps my biggest smile of the day were the hats!





We live in NY now! Never thought I would say that, but here we are, enjoying the view!












No comments:
Post a Comment