Tuesday, September 8

Summer Fun!

This summer David and I made it a priority to take the kids camping. It was a good excuse to get out of the house and see part of this beautiful country while we are able too. This last weekend we went over to New Jersey near High Point State Park. It was beautiful and the kids and I all had fun. Unfortunately just when we got home we all got sick....runny noses stink!

Anastasia told me her favorite part about camping is the "fire roasting marshmallows and hot dogs! Even though she wont eat the marshmallows when you roast them, she will gladly make them for you! Hope you like um WELL DONE!

She also took great pride in finding a spiral seashell. At mom's suggestion she put it inside of the cup holder on the Cardin's stroller for safe keeping. David and I apparently still need to work on our communication because unfortunately when it was time to go home daddy put Cardin inside of his car seat and snapped it into the stroller to walk to the car. {I don't know if it was Snap, Crackle, 'n Pop but it definitely shattered!} In a matter of seconds my happy little Anastasia was dramatic and devastated! So patient and perhaps experienced with these sort of ons-goings Mom took her back into the water to find another shell. She was quite ecstatic to find another one, but this time there was a snail inside. It was promptly named Shelly and became the new family pet. After some coaxing I told her we couldn't keep Shelly, but if she put it inside the McDonald's cup we had been using as a bucket to make sand castles, and fill it half way with water we could take it to the lake at our campsite and she could give it a new home with her "relatives". She kept telling me that she was so excited that Shelly would be able to live with her grandma and grandpa! So when we got home here is what happened.

Ereland was funny as well! She kept dancing and playing in the dirt! We had fun playing in the sand and making sand castles and fishies! My kids are cute! The girls and I ended the day with climbing to the "highest point" in New Jersey. It is a monument that mimics the Washington Monument in D.C. There were 291 steps up to the top of that moldy, mildewy, tower and I carried Ereland all the way up and down. (There were much faster people behind us so I felt I had to move at an "acceptable" rate rather than the slower short leg pace of my two year old.) Ereland did really well, and Anastasia climbed all the way up to the top with no problems in about 2 mins! Maybe she will be a fire woman one day? I on the other hand regretted going up for the next 4 days! Way to much lactic acid for my muscles.


We also decided to make this trip "educational". Recently we found out how expensive preschool can be if you don't live in the right areas! So my hand has been rather forced to keep Anastasia's schooling moving forward until next year when she starts kindergarten. So the assignment of the day was to find 10 different things around our campsite and to draw a picture of what we found, and to write a sentence about our findings. As you can see Ereland was slightly more willing to complete the assignment.

I thought Anastasia's daddy long leg was pretty good.

This is Anastasia's handiwork with my iphone camera. It is our campsite and her rock collection.

My favorite part about camping though is always the late night campfires. My sweetheart honey made one especially for me! And I loved it! {xoxoxo for you babe!} I tried to reminisce with him over the kids and the memories I had camping as a kid but he was tired and I was content to ponder over the time by myself.

But lets not forget David's favorite part! The BYU cougars v. Oklahoma Sooners "footy" game. David took off on Saturday to watch the Big Game over some wings at a Sports Bar....Congrats to BYU! Can't wait for the "Bigger" Cougar v. Ute game later this season!


No comments:

Post a Comment