2010....here we are.
New Years Eve came and we thought about going to a party, but Ereland has been pretty sick lately, so we decided not to share our "icky bugs" with all our friends and we stayed home and watched movies. I am told that when I was a kid, my parents used to let us ring in the new year at 8:00 and tell us it was midnight. I don't know how long that went on, but let just say it wasn't just one year. I miss the annual pizza making, puzzles, and cheeseball, and due to the absence of cable, we didn't even see the ball drop. But we did spend some time together and that is all that really matters. It was nice to just veg out with David. The girls were in their room but stayed up well into the night.... Probably until 11pm before I had to lay the smack down. Tired girls lead to very tired mothers and I was already exhausted from the previous week.
Really, since then,...not too much has happened... just kids being kids. It is getting bitter cold lately, so we are staying indoors. I am grateful that everyone is healthy now and happy.
I am looking forward to more snow, that is perhaps the one thing we have done recently. It gets a little warmer when the snow falls. Anastasia has gotten the hang of snowball fights, and every time we go outside, even if it is just to get in the car, she throws one right at me! l love her for that because I know that that means she loves me. She took it upon herself to dig up the bugs under the leaves under the snow. She missed the bugs so much she had to see them I suppose. And Ereland with all the sick days she has clocked in lately, is my little cuddle bug. I have tried to be extra patient, and gentle with the kids, (a mental resolution perhaps) and she keeps telling me, "Momma, I wuv ooo". I tell her that I love her, and she says, no, I love you! (Emphasis on I). And we go back and forth until she starts to get upset and that is my que to start tickling her and reassure her that we can both love each other.
Cardin is a little army crawler, and is moving everywhere. He loves to crawl to the kitchen and bang on the linoleum because he likes the sound it makes. He still smiles everywhere and is growing up to be just as cute as my big girls!
One thing is sure, WE LOVE OUR FAMILY!!!!!!
Saving the Bugs!
My little snow bugs!
No comments:
Post a Comment