Friday, April 9

Happy Easter!


We hope that you enjoyed your Easter holiday!
This is how we spent ours:
Easter Dinner
YUM!!!  Thanks momma, you are the best!
Candy 
Eggs
General Conference
New Clothes
(thanks to both sets of Grandparents)
Remembering Christ
Family 
minus one :(
Lots of Sun
Afternoon Naps


The "most eggs found" winner goes to:






I LOVE the rain boots and sunday dress combination! 











All smiles!!!



It's a bird, it's a plane, it's ...... 
um I don't really know what they were looking at.



Cute kiddos!!!



My mom thinks that I sucked out all the creativity in her genes... 
but I don't think the apple falls to far from the tree.  
These were my "designer" eggs this year.  





The last eggs were inspired from a book that my mom used to read to me as a child, and now reads to my children called "The Talking Eggs"
by Robert D. San Souci and Illustrated by Jerry Pinkney 



It is still one of my favorite children's books.
The Talking Eggs is adapted from a Creole folktale originally included in a collection of Louisiana stories by a folklorist Alece Fortier and published in the 19th century.  The tale appears to have its roots in popular English fairy tales, probably brought to Louisiana by French e'migre's.  Variations of the story with Cajun or Gullah overtones suggests it was gradually spread orally through other areas of the American South.

 The story (just text) can be found here.
I hope you enjoy it.

And the kids were WAY to excited to all sit for a picture, 
so here are the best of the worst from the group shots.







No comments:

Post a Comment