Friday, April 30

Wildflowers and Vitamin I!


When I was about 6 my family took a trip to Brenham TX, ice cream capital of the world!  
Blue Bell Ice Cream sound familiar to any of you?  It is AMAZING ice cream and their original production facility is in Brenham.  
But while we were there (years ago) the wild flowers were out, and we took this picture!



Since having had kids of my own, I have wanted to take them back to this spot and show them the flowers and eat some dang good ice cream "old style".  














Running away from the fire ants!!!!





The countryside here was really so beautiful!
It made me want to own some cattle!




We saw lots of other families doing the same thing we were!



And if i were to buy a farm, this would be it!  It reminded me of Hidden Valley Farm from the Ranch dressing bottles :)







Finally, Ice Cream!!!!













The kids were pretty good for Blue Bell, but by the time we finished up eating our Vitamin I, their attitudes kicked in quickly. The more I asked and pleaded for just one good picture, they fought to scowl a little sharper, and turn their heads and run from me.  Even though I didn't get the shot I wanted, I hope they remember that we went and had some fun.  















No mom, I will NOT smile at you!













And this one is for you babe!!!  I love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment